Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Best Thing I Never Had"

Song playing in the background: Beyonce's "Best Thing I Never Had"


I was in the car when I first listened to this song, the lyrics caught my attention and I couldn't help but smile. Beyonce's songs are always *almost* inspirational. She always knows how to empower women and get them through certain difficult and heartbreaking situations. "Irreplaceable" got me through my heartache. I played that song over & over again, till I felt a LOT better.

Singing at the top of my lungs that "You must not know 'bout me, you must not know 'bout me, I can have another you in a minute, matter fact he'll be here in a minute..baby.." made me feel so semangat! Lol. Kononnya, that is MY way of moving on, like hey, don't worry but I'm gonna be just FINE! You hurt me, and you seemed to think that I ain't gonna be able to move on, and you're gonna be sorry! :b

*Reality is, lol - If I had a chance, I don't think I'd want another him, and when I sang that song, it was nothing personal. But it was the only way I knew how to express my hurt and disappointment of yet another failed relationship.* :)

Ive grown a lot over the years; both spiritually and mentally. *I'd like to say physically too, but hey who am I kidding right?* -_-"

Years have passed, and I'm now much happier *Alhamdulillah* and more matured. I now realized that, perhaps the reason why I went through those ordeals was to make me a better person, to make me stronger, more attentive to my surroundings and the people that I hold close to my heart. Of course it hurts, but hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger kan? Furthermore, I believe that there's a reason why a heart breaks. It breaks because it needs to be put back together by the right person when the time is right. So have patience, owkay? In due time, HE'll blessed you with someone who knows your worth *insyaAllah* :))

Having said that, experiencing those 'sticky' situations usually would make one closer to HIM. Because ultimately, the only one who could make you feel better is the CREATOR. It is HIM we should seek when we are in doubt, and it is HIM we should turn to when we are in pain. We might not understand why it happened to us and felt as though he is punishing us but believe me when I say that, when GOD takes away something from your hand, don't think HE's punishing you for HE is merely emptying your hand, for you to receive something better. GOD is fair and HE knows BEST, even though you might not like and accept the situation that has happened to you..

"You may dislike something although it is good for you, or like something although it is bad for you: GOD knows and you do not.." [Al-Baqarah, 216]


I've been told that when bad things happens to you, you should question your relationship with HIM and reflect on the things that you've done in the past. Because sometimes the real reason why you are put through those challenges is to make you closer to HIM...let HIM take control of your life; for we can plan but GOD is indeed the BEST planner.

I saw this in Tumblr, and it touched my heart...

"Suddenly I somehow know that my life did not need to be this way and that GOD had something better for me. I felt him gently whisper these words to my soul: 'You continue to get your heart broken because you are holding the pen of your life and trying to write your own story. I am the Author of love. I am the Creator of romance. I know your heart's every desire. I want to script a beautiful tale just for you, but first you must give the pen to me. You must let ME become the center of your existence. You must let ME have total control of your love life, and every other area of your life as well..."


Beautiful isn't it? I'll let you reflect on that yourself... :)



Much love from me <3

.Salaam.


p.s. I love this cover of Beyonce's song, have a listen to it... :)












9 comments:

  1. amazing story, mashaAllah.. <3
    thanks for sharing, dear.. :)


    salaam from Indonesia,
    Icha
    http://ichabeldarmawan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dear,
    beautifully written! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this entry really made me realize and made me more confidence on handling such situations.

    situations that really made me feel heartbroken and then i realize that semua ini mesti ada hikmah.

    may Allah bless u :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. proud of you..but im not that strong enough :'(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ichabel: My pleasure dear..thank you so much for sparing some time to read this post :) Salaam sayang dari Malaysia juga deyh.. <3 :)

    Yanny! Thanks dear! *huGs* :))

    Fiqa: May Allah bless you too my friend. Allah Maha Besar..it is to HIM we should turn to when we are in pain. HE would never fail us insyaAllah *huGs* :)

    PipiKembong: Thanks dear! But you ARE strong..you just have to believe in yourself and have faith in HIM just a little bit more..insyaAllah you'll get through any difficulties in life unscathed..jangan sedih ye? :) *huGs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm falling with this entry <3. Wish you had like button for facebook ;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehee...I don't have the 'like' button my dear..but you could always come back to my blog to read it when you feel like it :b hee..have a good day! May Allah bless you always! *huGs* <3 :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. may i ask, which tumblr you quoted? it touched me as well, i wanna know who wrote that.. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hye Zee9; I've tried to search (google) for the author but to no avail..it was one of those days where I was tumblr-hopping and I found the beautiful phrase..sorry dear! May Allah bless you always! *huGs* :)

    p.s. If I were to come across that quote/phrase again in Tumblr..will give you the link here kay? :)

    ReplyDelete