Saturday, February 19, 2011

Real Love Story

Salam :)

It's been ages since I last wrote an entry 'here', forgive me.

A lot of things has happened between then and now. Don't think that I'll have the time to blog about it all, but I guess it is suffice to say that I am now stronger, and more content and more grateful with what I have. Alhamdulillah :)

Anws, I was reading about Imam Ali and his wife, Sayedda Fatima at this link; http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?id=6244. And I can't help but teared up when I read this.

Lubna, a cousin of mine called me a 'romantic at heart'. Maybe I am. I don't know. Lol. I love watching and reading about love stories. It makes me happy.

But though I love dreaming about those fictional love stories, as I grow older - I began to value real love stories more. There is real value in a love shared between two people. My grandparents for example. Their story always puts a smile on my face, and yes, it always teared me up a little too. They were two people who stuck together against all odds, and loved each other till the end. (May Allah bless them both and reward them the gift of Jannah, InsyaAllah)

Jid was the first to 'leave', and if I were to be honest, Baba was never the same anymore...

I was telling Widaad the other day about the dream I had when Baba passed away. The night when we had 'sent Baba off', I had a dream. I dreamt of Jid, he was very smiley, and I asked him, "Where are you going?" He said, "Home." And I saw Baba, I asked her, "Where you're going?" And she replied, "Following your grandpa.."

I had that dream a year ago, and I am so blessed to be able to dream about them both. In fact, if I remember it correctly - I had a dream when Jid passed away too. We were in a car, and I remembered vaguely that Auntie Lamah was in it too. I can't remember if there was a conversation but if I'm not mistaken, Jid and I exchanged looks from the rearview mirror.

Widaad said that those dreams I had is somewhat magical, and might be true. I don't know, I kinda think it is too. Still, only Allah knows the real truth to those dreams... Whatever it is, I'm grateful for 'em, cause to me that is a form of letting go. MY personal goodbye to them both.

Anws, while others raved about Romeo & Juliet and other fantastic love stories that has happened over the past decades or the recent few years, I've realized I've found comfort in reading about real love stories that occurred during the Prophet SAW's time, like the love shared between Imam Ali & Sayedda Fatima, or the fact that our Prophet SAW's (PBUH) love for Khadija never ceased even after her death.

Such comfort I had that I can't help but feel a little emotional at times, reading about 'em. I could only hope that my love story would be half as great as theirs. I'm not looking for a fairytale love story, but one that is long-lasting, true, honest, loving and kind would do. And when I marry, I hope I'd be a dutiful and loving wife just like Khadija was to my beloved Prophet SAW (PBUH). InsyaAllah....

Before I end this entry, I just had to share this quote with you cause it touched my heart when I read this;

Imam Ali said this about his wife, Sayedda Fatima;
"She was a flower from heaven, who came and went, but whose scent shall forever remain in my mind..." ♥

*huGs*

No comments:

Post a Comment